Saturday, December 15, 2007

What's left?

Today will be a day to remember. Tonight will be the final show of Montezuma's Revenge. I'm looking forward to it so much! But on the other hand, I'm a little bit sad. The group has been part of my life as long as I can remember. Some periodes they were less present, other periodes they were almost part of my daily life. But Montezuma has always been there! I'll miss them after today...
Last Sunday we had a great fanclubday. All went well and everybody had a fantastic day. For many people it was a good bye already. It was also a day to remember. But tonight will be special and fun and weird and I still don't fully realise it's really over after today.
The Netherlands without Montezuma's Revenge - what's left in the Dutch a cappella world? There's Rock4, that's it. There are no other professional groups coming close to the level of Montezuma. None. Ok, I shouldn't forget Intrmzzo, they're a Dutch group (with one German member). But unfortunately they don't do a lot of shows in the Netherlands. I'll probably go and see them in a couple of months though.
I must be glad living close to Germany - we can enjoy lots of professional a cappella there. Wise Guys, Maybebop, Kontrollöre, LaLeLu, etc. But Germany is so big and these groups don't perform closeby very often.
Without Montezuma, how harsh it might sound, there'll be "space" in the Netherlands for foreign groups to perform here. The popularity of BaSix from Denmark is growing and they'll be in the Netherlands more often. But it might be the right time for other groups to enter and conquer the Netherlands as well ;)
Please, come over here, I need a cappella!

No comments:

Post a Comment