Friday, September 05, 2008

Singing again :D

I've been looking around for quite some time, but now I've finally found a choir that suits me. Yesterday, during my third choir rehearsal, I had to do some vocal range tests to determine if I can sing alto. After singing several mm-mm-mm-mm's, ng-ng-ng-ng's, ni-ni-ni-ni's and na-na-na-na's, I'm officially a member of Half Past Nine now. The choir has 16 members, and they sing mainly a cappella arrangements of familiar songs. The arrangements are for at least five voices (SSATB). Right now we're rehearsing a Beach Boys song as performed by The Real Group, for instance.

By the way, it's a funny experience, to say the words "Wise Guys" and not being asked who they are! I'm among a cappella fans!
And I've given up to correct my colleague, who asked me again "That's a choir without music, isn't it?". I just answered her with a simple "yes" ;)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/9/08 20:40

    Ich will auch!
    ... wieder a cappella singen.

    Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Mitglied-geworden-Sein!

    Und ansonsten einfach mal wieder ganz-ganz liebe Grüße
    *knuddel*
    Lena

    ReplyDelete