Thursday, October 20, 2005

Volley adventures (2)

Won the game tonight, 3-2 victory!
But we didn't play that well actually. We should have won the game with 4-0....
But anyway...

Funny detail:
After the game was over, the arbitrator/referee (?) comes over to me and asks me: "From where did they get you?" I took that as a compliment ;)

(I've been playing in this club since summer '04, and I'm in this team since januari '05, but I've been playing volleyball from my 6th untill my 16th when I was living with my parents.)

Now I'm pretty tired, but I won't be able to sleep soon I guess. Balls are still flying through my mind. The screaming "I get it!!!" "YES" "GO!!" etc. is still echoing in my ears. I love this sport :)
But I need to go to sleep cause tomorrow I have to work. Good night.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, congratulations!
    ...especially for the compliment - you should really take this as one, I guess :)

    My volleyball experiences actually were always ended by aching wrists.
    Well, I'm the greatest looser in volleyball - like in every sports, to be honest :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, actually he said: "waar hebben ze jou vandaan getoverd?" Verstehst du das? Ich weiß nicht wie ich das am besten übersetzen kann, aber es war definiv ein Kompliment *strahl*

    Hey, aber du hast andere Qualitäten! :D
    Danke für deine Berichten!!

    :-*
    Corine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was heißt "getoverd"?
    Dank Nini habe ich ja jetzt ein tolles Wörterbuch, das - neben Schwedisch *g* - auch Holländisch kann. Aber das Wort kennt es leider nicht...

    Mannomann, wir werden hier wirklich noch zu internationalen Sprachgenies :p

    lg, lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'getoverd' comes from the verb 'toveren'
    Und das Wort kennt dein Wörterbuch bestimmt. Aber ich kann´s dir auch hier erzählen, es bedeutet 'zaubern' (also getoverd = gezaubert.)

    Welches Wörterbuch hast du denn? Ich benutze Euroglot Professional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...das mit der "ge-Präfigierung" funktioniert also scheinbar auch im Holländischen - immer dieses Germanisten-Deutsch! Aber ich bin schon ruhig ;)

    Also, ich habe in dem Fall http://pauker.at/deutsch benutzt.

    ReplyDelete